Dominick's Finer Foods - 1996-1997
Director of Construction
As Director of Construction for the grocery store chain, my responsibilities
included the following:
* Management of 4 project managers, approx. 50 carpenters
and 6 foremen.
* Total fiscal responsibility for Construction Department ($67 million).
* Coordinate the Construction Department with the Real Estate, Architecture,
and Contract Administration Departments.
*Acquisition of building permits and coordination of site activities
* Supervise project managers responsible for superintendents and
in-house union carpenters. Develop, evaluate and implement new approaches
or procedures to improve quality and delivery of projects.
* Advance the use of technology in construction management.
* Condensed remodel schedule from 1 year months to 10 months.
* After Dominick's acquired a competitor's stores, obtained permits,
converted stores and turned over to operations in 7 days.
* Created a schedule for flow of information and paperwork between Construction,
Real Estate and Architecture Departments. Developed procedures for scheduling
through close-out for Project Managers.
* Developed in-house computerized project scheduling templates.